How it works:
- If you haven't signed up with us yet, complete our Merchant Application form, make payment and email to RAS.
- When customers present you with cheques as payment for goods or services, ensure they complete the RAS consent note and retain on file together with copies of the cheques.
- Phone our legal department @ +27 (0)51 436 0988 where you will be requested to provide details of the cheques. Thereafter you will be provided with an authorisation code for the guarantee. Record the authorisation code on the consent note for future reference. If the guarantee is declined, you still have the option of accepting the payment, but at your OWN RISK.
- As soon as your bank notifies you that a cheque payment has been referred to the drawer, complete the claim form and forward it to us (together with copies of the consent note and cheque) via email (or fax) within 30 days.
- We will assess the claim and, if approved, reimburse you within 14 days. We will automatically institute recovery procedures against the drawer of the cheque.